Test your English!
Test your reading comprehension with this
Enjoy this short and easy ESL grammar quiz:
the grammar test.
Which should you use A, AN or THE?
For this exercise you must put in
'the' where necessary.
Are these things Countable or
Here's a test for my, your, his, her, our and
Japan and Japanese things:
How much do you know about Japanese
etiquette & ethics in business?
Care to take Business English Test #1
or Business English Test #2?
Here's one for common everyday
And a chance to see how well you know
Why not try to match the questions and
As you will see from the tests above, I've been looking at different ways
are simple forms. Which do you or your students prefer?
- The Internet TESL
JournalA monthly web magazine
including articles & research papers, lessons & lesson plans and teaching
techniques as well as links
of interest to teachers of English as a second language.
- "World Wide Web Activities that Work (and Why!)"
- The ESL cafe
- The Virtual English Language CenterYou can jump directly to some of their pages below or visit the top page.
- ESL Special Projects at UVic - ESL email exchange and student home pages
- schMOOze University -An ESL MOO. (Requires Telnet.)
- English as a Second Language Home Page - Wide ranging list of available on-line resources for students and teachers of ESL. There's a registration area where any ESL student can post the URL of their Home Page.
- Learning English Electronically - Maricopa Community College's Online english tutoring program. (You have to buy their software.)
- UIUC's LinguaCenter - Introduction to WWW for students studying English.
- Ohio University's CALL Lab - Resources for several languages w/ list of links to projects done by ESL students.
- English as a Foreign Language
- Educational Resources - Educator's resource for web exploration and professional contacts. Links teachers to web magazines and classroom newspgroups on ESL around the web.
- ESL Jobs Locator Page
- Teaching English in Japan
- Ask ERIC - Slide shows and sound bites concerning teachers lessons. Materials for classes, including word lists, activities such as Newton's Apple. Also contains many on-line books and references.
- Purdue On-line writing lab - Information for ESL writers to help improve writing skills.
- Exchange - By ESL students, for ESL students. On-line ESL stories (with errors) and writing instruction resources.
- LinguaTec - provides courses for foreign born professionals working in the US who want to be more proficient in English and American business culture. Full details on all courses are on-line, including registration forms.
- Another list of links to ESL sites.
- Holidays in English If you're looking for holiday information, start here.
- ESL Mailing Lists
- Correcting with HTML An interesting example of using HTML to correct students' writing assignments.
- Technical help page A pretty good list of tips and tutorials for teachers just starting to use the Web.
- The ESL Virtual Catalog
- JALT The Japan Association for Language Teaching Homepage.
- DynEd International is a publisher of multimedia ESL/EFL and foreign language learning software on CD-ROM.
- ESL Home Page
Updated April 19, 1997